Fri 5/1/24 … missing two Johns Day, page-38

1. 18,608 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 276
    I've replaced the battery, these new no maintenance batteries are shit. I can even hear there is no or very little water in them if you shake it around. Also when I took it out and tried to start the starter with the jumper cables from the battery terminals it wouldn't fire. New battery worked a dream so I thought I had my problem solved.

Well put it all back together and nothing. Thought this is shit, I didn't have time to waste looking for the problem so made an by pass on the ignition switch and made a manual switch to get the starter to turn over. Worked, beauty, put it all back together and went to drive it out to the trailer and died the moment I put it in forward motion. Obviously some safety feature kills the power. So that stuffed that idea.

Next step was maybe a faulty ignition switch, I swapped it over with a salvaged ride on I have with the same switch, still dead as a maggot. I've tested all the relays, all are within spec to the multi meter and test light. I'm now at a loss to what it could be.

I'm good when it comes to mechanical, but electrics is a different ball game again. I've conceded defeat and have an auto electrician out on Wednesday to have a look at it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.