Hi zero2@$mill, Apologies for slow replyThe water is generally...

1. 2,156 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51

Hi zero2@$mill,
    Apologies for slow reply
    The water is generally treated with a small amount of sanitiser (Sodium Hyperchlorite)and screen filtered, not sure though whether it is considered potable. So I guess for us it is ok for general household use but not for cooking or consumption( but I must say its better smelling than some of the bore water in outback qld!)
    Had considered rainwater tanks but would have to install guttering and well below to eves to cope with the large volumes of water when we have the occasional huge downpour. Still face the same issue with sanitising and filtering the rain water with birds, squirrels etc depositing on the roof.
    Our town water bill for the month and garbage collection is about $5.00 which covers house garden spa and pool so I really can't complain! No council rates and an annual land tax of $90.00 which covers local administration/services.
    New tank and filter system now up and running! wife is happy!smile.png Must say tho I am finding physical labour (swinging a pick and digging not as easy as it used to beredface.png Think I am either getting old or getting soft, probably both!!

Got tank and filter up and running now

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.