giday john yay for rain, loving this rain john, apparently a lot...

1. 17,185 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 600
    giday john

yay for rain, loving this rain john,

apparently a lot of farmers dont understand the concept of sheep eating the weeds for them, i thought that was a no brainer

spraying weeds, lol, thats what sheep can eat as were coming through summer rains, its been happening for the last 250 years that weve been farming in australia,

back then this green pick thats about to germinte in two weeks time is one of the most valuable commodities to a redneck farmer today other than at harvest time,, in my opinion,

this rain rehydrates the sheep for days to come and then they get to pick on some green feed, replenishes vitamin E, etc,

best time to dong some sheep on the head for the freezer is in winter time as they are under no climatic stress, etc, lol, nor are we,

i heard an ol fella ages ago whinging about the rain and how the pastures grow at the wrong time of the year and blah blah blah,,,,,,,,

i took one look at him and said quiet calmly,,,, you dont know what your talking about ol fella,,,,,,,,,,,,, bit of a pause, dirty looks at me,,,,,,, then i said, you dont grow pasture,,,,,,,,you dont grow weeds,,, you grow barley,, its in your best interests to grow weeds,,,,, sheep eat the weeds,,,,, weeds cant develop a new seed bank,,, weeds die,,, significant reduction in weeds and a massive massive massive reduction in weed killer going into the ground,, which means,,,,,, your roundup bill is cut in half,,, probably more,,, in my opinion,

i tell you what john,,, i could see his brain just scramble and not another word was said, lol,

my tanks were filling up absolutely beauuuuuuutiful, my dam even has an inch of rain water in the bottom of it, not like yours with mud

will be back out the farm tomorrow for 3 days shearing out corrigin, ive got 500 sheep to make my way through so ill do tuesday/wednesday this week and then monday/tuesday the week after,

rain, rain, rain, rain ya bastard, just rain,

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.