XJO 0.35% 8,176.9 s&p/asx 200

Clackers, finally something worth responding to, so I shall...

1. 5,311 Posts.
    Clackers, finally something worth responding to, so I shall respond to encourage you to keep it up ;-).

Personally it's not something I follow much as I work on shorter time frames and generally fundamental change takes longer than my trades. That said each change must be looked at individually. If something is removed, what replaces it? If weighting is changed, by how much? How does that effect the weighting of the sector it's in?...and so on.

When looking at the bigger picture to figure overall market direction I look at the sector indicies and see how they might change the overall index. For example if the market is flat but two sectors are at opposite extremes, is their weighting equal and going to cancel out or is there an imbalance causing one to win? Of course this is a simple view and looking at all of them and figuring it out is a big task. Finding the trends in the overall index is still the best way imo. One can't know everything so I just try and know the stuff that is relevant to my trading style.

A fool doesn't know what he doesn't know, a wise man knows what he doesn't know.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.