They don’t hurt ya hoots, the White Lipped Green Tree frog is...

1. 18,302 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 276
    They don’t hurt ya hoots, the White Lipped Green Tree frog is just looking for light so they can pounce on some moths and what not. If you pick them up make sure your hands are wet.

When living in Cairns i use to go to a local creek overflow when the rains had set in for a few days. After about 2 weeks since the big rain event it would be getting to the stage where that area would be starting to dry up and I would collect quite a few of the green tree tadpoles. Took them home and housed them all in polystyrene boxes until they where morphing from tadpole to frogs. Then they would move into another polystyrene box. I use to collect flys for them for about 2months from decomposing meat under an ice cream container and plastic jar above. Wait an hour or so go and shake the ice cream container and all the flys would go up into the plastic jar, throw a lid on it then screw it into the polystyrene box. Frogs would wake up and all you would hear is thund thund thund until all the flies were gone. Rinse and repeat a few times a day. After the 2 months or so they were big enough to have a better chance in life and released around the house. Our house was full of them and when it rained the amount of noise coming from the down pipes off the roof was deafening.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.