XJO 0.34% 7,796.0 s&p/asx 200

Thanks geI have no problem with the use of CFD's to provide...

1. 1,019 Posts.
    Thanks ge

I have no problem with the use of CFD's to provide increased leverage and/or to use to hedge other positions. I see why some wish to use them, I question the relevance of charting using their data.

Looking at some of the posts here refering to CMC derived index charts, well I simply cannot replicate the same using SPI200 nor XJO data. It got me wondering about the CMC data source and you have answered my questions fully.

It seems that CMC charts could only make sense to others with access to CMC data and even then you have to take the data with a grain of salt (given the level of discretionary intervention by CMC in their index pricing.)

The CMC stocks pricing and data is presumably more "clean" and therefore more trustworthy and relevant, but it seems no-one quotes CMC stocks data/charts on HotCopper, so that also is probably irrelevant.

I'm a charting/data analysis purist - hence my interest and also my bewilderment at being unable to replicate the CMC results. My trading decisions are all based on price-derived patterns and, from what I've seen, I couldn't trade with confidence using CMC data.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.