IMU 3.57% 5.4¢ imugene limited

Hi jipI think in general you are correct. Most posters here are...

1. 2,887 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12290
    Hi jip

I think in general you are correct. Most posters here are genuine and not here to play games. Many are long term investors with serious skin in the game. Some are short term traders, and good luck to them. Some - like @Steini and @slick do both - they have long term positions but also trade successfully on the volatility of the stock. I am in awe of their skills!

However - just a note of caution - although I am personally confident in Imugene and so are many others here, you need to remember that it's just our various opinions and we could always turn out to be wrong. On any stock - and particularly a company like Imugene which tends to attract "passionate" supporters because we have a genuine interest in what they do - the Hot Copper threads will pose the risk of confirmation bias. ie. When you read the HC threads on Imugene you will read a LOT of positive comment about Imugene, because the forum is full of passionate believers. So what you read will tend to confirm and reassure you in your decision to invest.

I'm sure there is a statistical Bell curve for this. We are at the extreme "positive" end of the curve. At the other end of the curve there may be just as many people who have looked at Imugene and are scathingly sceptical of it. They don't often show up here - as you noticed, there are relatively few downrampers - but they will reappear as soon as the Imugene SP takes a significant hit. We have had some serious downrampers here in the past - if you want to dig deep into history and read posts by "Meerkat" and "MrBiotech" they are very good for a laugh now, but they scared off a lot of people at the time.

In the middle of the Bell curve is the huge hump comprised of most investors, who have little opinion either way - in the main because most investors have never heard of Imugene and/or have no interest in speculative stocks.

What I am saying is that although it is fabulous to have "long term investors, heavily invested ... that provide factual data to support future prediction" - you don't really know who the posters are, what expertise they really have, or how likely they are to be correct. I myself am very bullish on Imugene based on a lot of research, but that doesn't mean I am right.

There is also a timeframe consideration. In March last year when the Covid panic hit Imugene was smacked down to 1.7 cents and it would be foolish to say "that can never happen again." I took that opportunity to buy more but many others sold on the way down. If Imugene is a large part of your finances, a stop loss might make sense. My assessment (only an opinion) is that Imugene has a high likelihood of increasing significantly in value in the mid term, and maybe soon, but unforeseen events can happen which would push the SP significantly backwards.

Anyway - welcome aboard and good luck!

Cheers

Dave

Last edited by davybabyk: 10/04/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
-0.002(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $401.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.6¢ 5.7¢ 5.4¢ $1.182M 21.47M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
32 3441484 5.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 574188 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.