XJO 0.93% 7,889.6 s&p/asx 200

I often hear comments like:The big end of town are...

1. 319 Posts.
    I often hear comments like:
    The big end of town are manipulating
    Big money are waiting on the sidelines
    The big boys are pushing the price down.

I am a firm believer that the so called big end of town are as clueless as us.

Who are these big boys? Do they have a secret handshake? Do they wear masks to their meetings? Are there private orgies in majestic mansions bought with their trillions?

I think not. I think the big end of town are just fund managers with maybe a few more monitors and subscriptions to feeds than us but basically no better.

The market today is a good example. DOW up, regional markets up, futures (for what they are worth) up, AU down. Why? They saw the rally and thought lets rally. Then their news feed showed them the commodities prices and they sold BHP. Then they read HotCopper and saw Voltaire et.al. charts showing the bottom should be 3600 so they sold others.

The point of this post? None, I am just over this market. I will not sell. I will not capitulate. Until my certificate is worthless you will not wrest it from my cold hard fingers. This is not advice but I will not sell my assets (shares) in a time of crisis. Assets are the only thing that makes a balance sheet strong. I feel for the investors who are suffering. I hope the market truly and continuously rallies for some time to return some normality and stability to their lives. I am sure there are many who have not told their spouses the predicament, go to be at midnight once they see how the DOW starts, wake up and check the DOW's final tally before having breakfast and all with a tight, sickening feeling in their gut. Many will say, 'they should not have invested in something they did not know' however many were told by 'experts' 'don't put your money in a savings account! Banks returned 30%pa the last 10 years! Buy bank shares they will never go down.'. So they checked the charts and sure enough, 30%pa over 10 years...phoar!!!

Good luck everyone.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.