XJO 0.87% 8,283.2 s&p/asx 200

friday trading, page-56

1. 17,280 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 504
    actually for anyone still interested in Armstrongs political model (if anyone ever was that is LOL) have a look at the King George's war. It broke out in europe in 1739 (what is it with years ending in 39 and european war) and spilled over into north america in 1744. At that time North America was just a collection of colonies set up by various European states. The english colonies whooped the backside off the French colonies but at a high price (8% of the English colonial male population was killed). When the war ended in 1748 the English quietly handed back the defeated colonies to France. This really peeved the colonials who had suffered so greatly for mother England for nothing and this event triggered the colonial desire for self government.

Fast forward 224 years (or the slightly adjusted 9 lives 223.6 years) and you come to August 1971 and the Nixon decision to do away with the bretton woods gold standard. I don't know why Armstrong does not make more of a fuss of this date as it is akin to his described Roman peak. The decline of Rome is tracked by historians with the declining amount of precious metals in the Romans coins (as described in "It's just time"). Removing the USD from the gold standard so you can print more is in essence the exact same thing.

So we could argue that from this point the US goes into the 72 year ( or the slightly modified 9 lives 71.19 (yes, I moved the goal posts again)) decline.

take your pick if we use Armstrongs 72 years then the half way point (36 years from the gold standard remaoval) is one day off the august 16th 2007 capitulation. If we use my altered model then the half way point is only a few days off armstrongs 27/2/07 peak.

Whatever number you use 2042 or 2043 could be the total end of the USA......

I know I know, but it's friday LOL. I'm outta here.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.