FBR 2.22% 4.6¢ fbr ltd

Friday's conference, page-136

1. 2,508 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 331
    Treefern, July 6: " They created the laser compensation tech exclusive to the truck and had no prior thoughts of entering the construction space with the tech until (something, something) there was a brickie shortage in 2005, so they turned it towards that. This is a big indicator to me that the tech has many, many uses beyond laying bricks and building houses. I would dearly like to know what other applications the tech has in other sectors. Maybe I'll be in a room with them one day and ask them "

Treefern, August 1: "That's a fair comment. It's still a very big part of the labour for erecting a structure.

I've been thinking about FBR's IP log. The big deal is the cutting edge 1000-laser-adjustments-per-second spatial positioning tech (hardware and software) isn't it? I mean, from memory (it's been awhile since my DD) the back end is just a stylised conveyor belt, and they have some IP I think with their desktop architecture software pre-build. But in the end the gamechanger is the spatial positioning system which recalibrates incredibly quickly due to more IP which keeps the receiver rigid irrespective of any movement in the boom. From what I can determine, this is the crux of the Hadrian marvel. (If I knew how to attach an audial highlight, Mowbuss, I would attach it here ).

I've also been pondering the material I've read about the beginning of the journey for the Pivacs. They actually created this technology, as far as I can tell, as a purely intellectual exercise, and seemingly (from the multiple interview sources I've seen or heard) they initially had no applied purpose for the IP. It was only because at the time that there was a shortage of bricklayers (maybe in the news? where else would they find this out?) that they decided to validate their research by applying it to the construction industry.

But basically, what the Pivacs have done is give heavy duty, non-dainty machines superhuman hand-eye coordination. Think about that man. Accurate to what? 0.3 of a millimetre? That's F*&^$g Spider-Man hand-eye coordination, and the Pivacs have taught it to Robotruck.

Among all the hullaballoo about building the 11 houses, just as a person who's trying to be an astute investor, I have to ascribe some spruiker's chance to the probability that this whole thing is not about Hadrian X, and it's not about building renderable homes, it's about the tech, and the ability to give machines that mimic human labour on a massive scale the hand-eye coordination of effectively a superhuman.

There are a LOT of alternative uses for this IP, and it runs literally the whole way through Caterpillar's business. Just saying; some percentage chance........."

Treefern, August 16: ""Follow-on trades, can be assured that anything that has been designed to fit into a space will fit into that space – exactly. This also leads to the possibility of automating other tasks in the construction envelope."

.....leans me even further towards the hypothesis that while Hadrian is an amazing tool for building houses, CAT will be salivating over this tech and its broader application."

If you haven't got the gist that we have pocketed the probability that the IP is possibly the big fish to be caught here, and that the conversation has moved on from "things we don't know for sure but have already discussed" to "things we don't know but haven't taken a stab at", then you should go and re-read the threads bro

Last edited by Treefern: 19/08/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FBR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
0.001(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $221.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.6¢ 4.9¢ 4.5¢ $387.1K 8.299M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 315279 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 221109 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FBR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.