XJO 0.67% 8,042.0 s&p/asx 200

Friends and Relatives on Thursday, page-5

1. 9,450 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5244
    America Flat as a Pancake. Thursday Morning Joe. 26 February, 2015

American Major Indices:

SP500 -0.08%, Dow Industrials +0.08%, Nasdaq +0.02%, Russell 2000 +0.09%, New York Composite -0.04%. I can't remember a time when all five major indices finished within a smidgin of their starting price.

Here’s the detailed chart for SP500:

SPX remains in a strong uptrend, but the momentum is slowing. Six out of the past seven days have been narrow range days. On each of those days, the range has been less than 0.6%. Such loss of momentum typically comes before a pull back, but, as we saw back in November, 2014, the Index can keep on ticking up slowly for much longer than we expect.

Commodities:

Energy had a strong day and the pull-back seems to be over. Energy up +3.49%. As a result, the CRB Index was up +0.76%. IMs fell back moderately -0.48%. Spot Iron Ore finally moved after five days sitting at 63.40. It was down -0.8% to 62.90. GLD up +0.38%.

Oz Stocks in NY:

BHP +0.46%. Rio -0.51%. Westpac +0.03%. ANZ +0.44%. EWA +0.68%. Ozzie Dollar +0.76%. Given the strength in the Ozzie Dollar and yesterday's modest rise in the XJO, those figures out of NY are not encouraging.

Today we should see some life breathed into the Energy sector. WPL was hit hard yesterday, down -4.22%. It should claw back a bit of that today.

The daily change in the XJO for the past five days has been less than 0.5%. Modest to moderate at best. I can't see much hope of a bigger move today. Last night I noted that the XJO was up against modest resistance set up on 19 February. That might hold today.

Redbacka

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.