frivolous businesses that will struggle, page-22

1. 2,086 Posts.
    Sorry Tony, but I don't things being anywhere near as grim as the portrait you paint.

You talked about people buying a scented candle for $15...Well, who buys that kind of rubbish on a regular basis anyway? Drinks at a pub being too dear...well, when haven't they been?

The doom and gloom keeps on being splashed all over the popular media, yet Christmas sales were up, and more than one year in to this credit crunch, and unemployment has risen by only 0.1%....hardly an Armageddon type of scenario.

Last Sunday I popped over to Bunnings (our largest hardware chain over here in the West) to pick up a couple of items, and I was astounded at the number of customers milling through the registers and isles....almost shoulder to shoulder wherever you walked, and typically Bunnings stores are very very large...I thought to myself, what tough times??

There are other parts of the world where belts have been tightened, but they should have been a long time ago....over here in our Sunburnt Country, we are in far better shape, and will cruise through these troubled waters with relative ease.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.