AMP 0.95% $1.06 amp limited

Like BarnArse, I value fact over hope. This is why I chose my...

1. 86 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26

Like BarnArse, I value fact over hope. This is why I chose my name.

in my previous posts I have talked about my investing in AMP and background in response to a request. I also reminded posters of AMP’s previous share dip to these lows and the whole industry looking to buy them.

I was one of the people valuing them back in 2003 for my employer, like all the other major players. I am not claiming valuation expertise and I can only use publicly available information, and in the end valuation comes done to assumptions, but it is this available information I have been using or questioning, with some knowledge of the industry and valu8ng the business. I thought some of the end valuations I read made no sense, the assumptions made no sense, the maths made no sense, The criticism of how AMP has presented the sale of the life business and threat of shareholder action is an example of how there are different ways to see things. But please note that the value being realised is well below embedded value that some took to be the value not that long ago.

Like BarnArse, I believe people get upset when they read things that predict the opposite to what they want. I don’t like reading my house value is going down.

If BarnArse and I seem like we are the same it is because it is obvious we have similar backgrounds and industry knowledge. But I am told that I am much better looking than BarnArse

I accept that I have been guilty at times of implying or saying others were stupid or silly. I did not intend to add to the pain of other shareholders. This is why I asked for two posts to be removed. I will be more careful about this. 

2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.06
Change
0.010(0.95%)
Mkt cap ! $2.826B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.07 $1.07 $1.04 $10.34M 9.764M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 249192 $1.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.07 372831 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.