IPR 0.00% 4.1¢ ipernica limited

from nearmap

1. 28,021 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 476
    9 hours ago... 3 February 2011

From NearMap

Aircraft on it's way up to FNQ to capture TC Yasi devastation tomorrow morning...

And from nearmap.com CEO

3 February 2011

It's been another grim 24 hours or so for the people of Queensland the ABC has some shocking pictures of the devastation. nearmap.com was contacted by the State Government Agency in Brisbane who have taken the lead on capturing the aftermath. This is the first time we have been on the consideration list so we are pleased that all the effort we have made in terms of building a relationship and demonstrating our capabilities is paying off somewhat. We have aircraft on standby and hopefully we will be asked to do our thing. If not we have decided to try and fly some of the worst hit areas ourselves and support those communities subject to weather and Air Traffic Control. Before I get any rants from people asking whether we are a charity remember we are building a brand and a trusted service and this way we can demonstrate our technical capabilities and also get new people using nearmap.com - everyone wins in the long run.

Final note - congrats to all my colleagues at our parent company ipernica who celebrated a win today.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.