FAR 1.04% 48.5¢ far limited

From the Lanes of Melbourne to the Busy Streets of Dakar, page-13

1. 13,445 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4577
    "Also, it occurs to me in hindsight that CNEs info-dry, conservative style (loathed by us FARites) was masterful in shaking out the weak hand of COP."

I can't imagine CNE would have had any bearing on COP's decision they share the same data and would have ended up as Operator if they had decided to hold. Senegal would have been a small part of their overall reserves and production so they have moved on with a profit.

Although often alluded to there is no obvious reason for CNE to slow proceedings down and to date things have gone very quickly in a slow moving industry.

CNE are funded for the next round of appraisal and those wells the spending will be minimal next year anyway as they go through the process of DOC, FEED and FID. Also drilling costs are at a low and most Companies want to get a return on cash spent as soon as possible. they will also be recieving income from some time next year plus the Senegal Govt will be cracking the whip.
    So adding that together its hard to see them slowing things or even wanting to. They are slower getting resource numbers out and are more conservative but so are many large Companies..

Since CNE's CMD early last year a lot has changed, SNE has got considerably larger, it has heen flow tested, FAN has retreated to the background, the oil price continued to drop as did costs, so I expect the half year update may reflect those changes...

Cheers Whisky

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
48.5¢
Change
0.005(1.04%)
Mkt cap ! $44.81M
Open High Low Value Volume
48.5¢ 48.5¢ 48.5¢ $10.11K 20.85K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 99195 48.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.5¢ 2000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.19am 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.