BLR 0.00% 0.2¢ black range minerals limited

from the latest usa quarterly report, page-3

1. 5,610 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Good memory Seanbucs,

Prior to sending USA an email, I delved into the Geology of Blackbush & came out unfortunately, with a negative outcome regarding suitability of utilizing Ablation within their deposit. The reasoning was that from what I can attain, the Blackbush deposit is limestone hosted not Sandstone, this therefore negates suitability to the ABT process.

A prerequisite to Ablation is firstly the resource needs to be Sandstone hosted, inclusive to suitable medium to large grain size, ( preferably large grain ) once size reduces it becomes silt, to which is far less amendable to ABT.

Here's an insight to the above

Limestone - Sandstone - Silt

The main difference between these three sedimentary rocks is their grain size. In the case of a limestone, it is a crystalline rock so generally you can't even see the crystals. If it is a limestone, we are dealing with the mineral calcite, so the quickest way to tell if you couldn't determine the difference just by looking at it would be to drop a few drops of dilute HCl on the rocks. Assuming the sandstone doesn't have any calcite constituents, the only one that should react (start bubbling and fizzing) would be the limestone.

Once you've isolated the limestone, the difference between the other two is purely grain size. On the sandstone we are dealing with sand size constituents, so you should be able to see the actual grains. The sandstone will most likely have a rougher texture when you feel it. With the siltstone, the grains of silt are very small (probably not able to see them with the naked eye that clearly), and it will have a pretty smooth.

Ablation requires preferably large/medium grain sandstone hosted deposits as is found throughout Western USA, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, South America & Australia.

Cheers :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.