BBI 0.00% $3.98 babcock & brown infrastructure group

from the outside looking in...., page-2

1. 14,880 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 479
    meerkat wrote: "seems to me that if BBI survives then it doesn't matter a whole lot whether you paid 3c (nice) or 10c (not as nice) you'll do very well over time.... notice the 'if' though...."

Thanks for the kind words meerkat. In relation to the above quote, I guess it doesn't really matter much whether you paid 3c or 10c IF you bought the same number of shares. ie. bought 100,000 at 3c or 100,000 at 10c but the huge difference is in the leverage if you invested the same $$$ at 3c as you would have at 10c and the shares perform strongly over time.

1 million BBI at 3c or 300,000 at 10c is a huge difference if/when the shares get to say 50c. The first parcel will be worth $500K and the second parcel $150K. Now that is a massive difference and perhaps one of the reasons I was posting so strongly about the bargain they were at 3c. That was indeed the time to strike to obtain that huge leverage.
    The window of opportunity for leverage like that doesn't open often. When it does, you have to grab it quickly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.