ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

from the papers.., page-6

1. 299 Posts.
    Maybe a bit off the topic but hopefully some salient points.

Shell is cashing up its Woodside interests and has JV'd with Petrochina in Queensland. They have big plans for Gladstone and it seems reasonably clear both parties want to have minimum 50% interest in energy projects.

Petrochina partnering with Shell resolves sovereignty concerns and will be the model for further acquisitions by Petrochina and possbly CNOOC.

ESG's LNGN is irrefutably tied up with the Japanese and I'm assuming Maurabeni may be shifting its emphasis to LNG and possibly backing off on uranium.

Marubeni are traders so I expect they have to line up one or two Japanese buyers to take the first 1 mtpa. Once secured they can commit themselves to additional offtake and equity in LNGN.

It seems Kogas is planning to reduce its interest in GLNG and its not a stretch to assume Marubeni will do the same if the opportunity presents.

I think its unlikely LNGN will have Japanese, Chinese and for that matter Korean partners.

LNGN looks to be a small to mid scale pilot for Hitachi and Toyo's technology and engineering skills whereas the Chinese have bought into LNG Ltd with Fisherman's Landing to be the pilot for LNG's OSMR mid scale technology.

Effectively Japan and China competing in the LNG technology and engineering space.

Its also interesting to note in ESG's LNGN facts sheet that LNGN may take gas from other suppliers. There's numerous reasons why this is a possibility but worth some thought.

Things are moving very fast in the LNG world. Unfortunately if your waiting for news from ESG and the CSG players it feels like nothing's happening.

The reality is all these things will take time to play out. To me, everything seems to be moving in the right direction with State/Federal politics being the biggest worry.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.