RWD 7.81% 6.9¢ reward minerals ltd

from the west australian, page-2

1. 9,286 Posts.
    I think this is from The Age.

Exaggerated & sensationalist.

Quotes taken out of context.

The actual context is below:

[212] The grantee party says there is now no cultural impediment to the future act being done. In my view that is too simplistic a characterisation of the situation. In reality, the issue is more nuanced. It involves the native title party in a compromise which would have seen them give up some of their traditional culture and way of life (including as a result of interference with a place of great importance to them) in return for benefits which would see them and particularly their children involved in the mainstream economy. As a result of the breakdown in negotiations, this compromise is no longer available. They were willing to make serious sacrifices in relation to the integrity of their culture and traditions with prospects of gaining benefits from the Project that assist them to achieve their long term goals of employment, business opportunities and economic advancement. The approach of the Martu Elders is very candidly set out in paragraph 44 of their affidavit about the Project. They express a desire for benefits which will enhance their community and provide jobs and educational opportunities for their young people. This is not a group of people who expect their culture to be frozen in time. There is a process of adaption to and involvement in the mainstream economy happening to the Martu. But the tenor of their evidence is that they want this to happen in a way that pays respect to their culture and traditions as far as possible.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RWD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.9¢
Change
0.005(7.81%)
Mkt cap ! $15.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.9¢ 6.9¢ 6.9¢ $2.702K 39.16K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25000 6.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.9¢ 14998 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.06am 07/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RWD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.