EXS 0.00% 26.0¢ exco resources limited

Another broker covering:From Foster StockbrokingMorning SheetTop...

1. 8,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 242
    Another broker covering:

From Foster Stockbroking

Morning Sheet
    Top Trades

Exco Resources Ltd (EXS.ASX)
    EXS primary asset is the Cloncurry Copper Project (CCP) in Mt Isa, QLD.
    CCP has a current resource of 61Mt @ 0.9% Cu including 38Mt of M&I to underpin a 10yr mine life of 25ktpa copper production.

A DFS is progressing and is due before the end of the year, with preliminary estimates of $200m capex, US$1.50/lb cash cost (strip ratio ~5) and A$256m NPV (based on a US$3/lb Cu price).
    In respect of the development of CCP, there are essentially 3 options:

Fund the capex and go it alone ?part of the funding would likely come from an offshore partner (Singaporean group Sin-Tang Development recently took a 15% placement at a premium to market and have agreed to engage in further discussions re. project financing);

Toll treatment arrangement with Xstrata at their Ernest Henry mill (11Mtpa) which has plenty of capacity (Ernest Henry U/G will process 6Mtpa at capacity) and is located just 8kms from CCP; or

Complete take-out by Xstrata which would realise $200m in synergies (from the capex savings) and bring forward production by 12-18 months to capture the current high copper prices.

EXS also has the White Dam gold mine which was commissioned in April this year and will produce 50kozpa for a few years at cash costs of
    With a market cap of <$200m for a company which is going to be in production in 2012 one way or another (i.e going it alone or Xstrata deal), we consider there to be great upside.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EXS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.