XJO 0.10% 7,767.5 s&p/asx 200

frugal friday

1. 2,100 Posts.
    I thought we would have one more day getting in touch with our feminine sides BiggDaddy - 7-Jul-11

Well that proves it! The feminist takeover over of Hot Copper is complete. The once 'Hot Cuprics' have become soft and cuddly 'Warm Cuprouses'.

We males are now ruled by females at every level from our British Head of State down through the ranks: Governor General, Prime Minister, State Governor, Premier, etc. and the new power in the senate is lead by a decidedly feminine man.

"It's in the water!!!", I say. "They're putting oestrogen in our drinking water!!!" I was told recently that even my name is androgynous. I look around and I see man-boobs everywhere, especially in my own bathroom mirror.

I've given up fighting them, Volt takes to the bottle every night in despair, and BiggDaddy is learning how to breast-feed his new granddaughter.

Maxi is still pumping iron every morning at dawn in a desperate bid to keep them at bay, but he's fighting a losing battle.

We've become a nation of bleeding hearts and sentimentalists. The highly valued y-chromosome is now an endangered species.

The XJO thread has been reduced to a photo album of babies and roses and sentimental poems and chatter about kissing, and YES! - I admit it. I'm also guilty of contributing to this pernicious decay.

The pride and joy of the ASX, the mighty XJO once stood tumid and proud amongst the world's indexes. Now it is limp and flaccid and shows distinct symptoms of 'brewer's droop'.

All of this fills me with despair and reminds me of the following little story from the good old days when real men ruled.

The teacher is setting the class its homework assignment for the day.
    "Children, today's word is 'frugal'", she announces.
    "I want each of you to write a sentence or two illustrating the meaning of the word 'frugal'.
    At home, young Johnny goes to his father and asks, "Dad, what does 'frugal' mean?"
    "Well son, frugal means to save. A frugal person is one who saves."
    Next day, the teacher selects Johnny to read out his homework.
    "The pretty young maiden was tied to the tree in front of the terrible dragon's den", he read enthusiastically.
    "Just then, Sir Lancelot came riding past on his beautiful white horse."
    "Sir Lancelot", cried the maiden. "Frugal me, frugal me!"
    "So Sir Lancelot jumped off his horse and he frugalled her."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.