Fruit & Vege Garden, page-552

1. 59,955 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 727
    Hi noddan

I had some strawberry's start flowering a little while back but fruit didn't set, I have realised that the sprinkler was not getting enough water to them. On the to do list is upgrade the retic system so that the right amount of water goes to various area's of the garden and ability to regulate that as required.

In the mean time I have been hand watering and adding liquid fertiliser and Seasol once a week or so. I had in mind to put a tank in that I could top up with the bore but no need as I can just fill the watering can directly in the pond, I have a valve in the bore retic line that I can open to top up the pond.

Pulled up one batch of red onions, these where onions from last year that had sprouted and I planted. Got a decent amount and some good size ones, still got some others in the ground not quite ready.

French shallot's are looking really good, decided to pull one up and found they are far from ready

Blue berry's have stated to ripen, each evening I am able to pick a few and eat them. The shrubs are still small but doing well

Have a weeping mullberry out the front and just starting to get some ripe berries

Custard Apple now has all new growth, not expecting and fruit for a year or two yet.

Both Mango trees are sprouting new branches and growth, again not expecting fruit for a year or two. Hope I get flowers next year but if fruit sets, best I take most off.

Little peach tree has too much fruit, branches are not handling the weight

My nelly kelly passion fruit vine has well over 100 fruit on it, the other which is smaller but bigger fruit and in pot has over 50 fruit on it.

Need to do some work in the garden, been distracted getting the pond done. Didn't expect to start work on the pond this year but made a start and now just need to do the finishing touches

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.