I had prepared a bed with some blended (Sheep, Cow, Chicken)...

1. 59,111 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 727
    I had prepared a bed with some blended (Sheep, Cow, Chicken) manure and some dynamic lifter, MMS suggest planting around April 13 but I planted weekend before last. Was towards end of April I planted Garlic last year, had a poor crop and figured I planted too late and didn't feed enough. Will add some blood and bone once they and extra dynamic lifter as they grow.

Put in some broad beans, probably too early but I need to screen a section of the garden. sneaky.png Will plant more in mid to late May

Will put in the french shallots in January

Preparing a few more beds, not sure what I will plant. I tend to buy seedling rather than seeds so will keep an eye out at Bunnings.

Couple of my chooks are still managing to get out despite me clipping their wings, need to improve that enclosure.

Have some Savoy cabbages growing under insect mesh, seems to be working at keeping cabbage butter flies at bay. Had some lettce under their too and either chooks got in there or rats Grrr

My Sunshine special passion fruit is still producing flowers and fruit, not the volume that it was after spring but OK.

The nellie kelly vine is growing but no flower of fruit, I'll prune back in spring and see how it goes but I am tempted to replace it with a sunshine special. The nellie kellie is grafted so might try grafting sunshine special on the root stock

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.