I know this is most probably widely known here but i have learnt...

1. 8,250 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 875
    I know this is most probably widely known here but i have learnt a bit this year and it seems to be working.

I mostly grow in pots with some garden area and was having trouble with getting good growth out of my cucumbers. Checked online for secrets to growing cucumbers and found that in the U.S. where they grow a lot of cucumbers for pickling they had some good tips.

The main tip was to use epsom salts which has magnesium and sulphur in it. I use the suggested 1 table spoon of epsom salts in 4 litres of water and my crop would have easily tripled. I have one plant about 9 foot tall and another heading that way.

I have used epsom salts on cucumbers, capsicum and tomatoes which was suggested. I can see great results on the cucumbers and the capsicum with the plant growth much stronger in both cases. Hard to tell with the tomatoes.

I also used it a little bit on my climbing beans and i have had remarkable results in a few of the plants. A much stronger stalk and many more branches coming off the plant as it moves up the trellis. I usually have very good crops with the climbing beans but this year looks exceptional.

Has anybody else found that using epsom salts has helped them? I am definitely noticing an improvement in my plants and the crop yield.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.