Wrote out a step by step plan last night for the new raised...

1. 59,234 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 727
    Wrote out a step by step plan last night for the new raised garden beds, red wine and special herbs to help with the creativity

Also added up costs and looking at about $400 per 2.1m x 1.1m raised garden bed, vege soild mix, PVC tube for net frame, retic ect. So $1600 for 4 of them

This is the first one started, they assemble relatively easy and now I have done one I can avoid the silly mistakes

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5863/5863481-9d5302ce45d0baf42153ec9b06761c0a.jpg

These are only 400mm high, I would have liked the 740mm ones (easier on the back) but they would take 2sqm of soil to fill

I dug out some of the top soil and filled the base with fruit tree pruning, in future years I will shred fruit tree prunings and spread around the paths between the garden beds. My thinking is those prunings will compost down and I will be able to add into the raised garden beds.

I was trying to decide on drip or sprinkler system for the raised garden beds, what's your thoughts ?

With hindsight I should have done this before but it's all part of learning, get this done and hopefully in future the gardening will be easier and more productive

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.