MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

frustration and meo

1. 1,972 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 580

MEO and FRUSTRATION:

It seems most posters are now worn out or flabbergasted by the last weeks Roller coaster Hype /Spec Peaks and troughs. The last post was, unbelievably at 14.42 ,by Pbojanac ..As I am typing its 22.20 and nothing since I am typing. Maybe someone has posted something or nothing until I type this:

By the way ..I will stick with my timeframe synopsis of news until mid Feb...95% of the big end of town solicitors are now back at work and so am I...I am not a solicitor, I just happen to rely on them at this time every year to get my settlements booked in...after the usual promises of finalising deals prior to the end of the current year of dealing ..whichever year they deem it will happen!!

As I stated in a post some time ago...
    Nothing happens until they are fully back on board ..regardless of their client/s !!..The courts only start back full time end of January..Then they need a week or two to refresh their memories and another week or two to finalise the legal docs they would have started 3 months earlier...at least!!

Nothing will change this..For the experienced it is a norm and that is why (unfortunately) we have such a long wait if nothing is set in concrete (legally speaking) by November the previous year...that is of course if we are relying on definitive, finalised documentation aiming for a settlement on a specific date sooner rather than later.
    Sounds like a load of bull, doesnt it.

Well the posters out there with some legal/govt expertise will know this is how it happens in Australias legal and Government beauracracies.

Then of course you need to have the FIRB stamp of approval..this has to be ratified by the Government ..of course they need their Holidays as well...more time and waiting!

The FIRB approval, in my opinion, with regard to MEO and the Farminee will simply be a case of approval for an Overseas majority , government owned major to come and play in the NWS...not a case of an initial investment greater than $219M...

In my opinion the total INITIAL investment will be less than that ,although the total package upon drilling success over 3 wells will be a far greater investment for a strategic play in SEA and the NWS by the Farminee concerned.

Statoil or Petrobas will be seen as a diversification from usual Sino government controlled entity wanting in on a strategic stake in an Industry deemed to be of Significant National Interest to Australia...Makes it easier to for the government to rubber stamp the FIFB papers.

So back to the topic for us MEO self flagellators/Day traders/Long termers/Hopefuls/KAR wannabes /multibaggers etc ,etc, etc.... Not a bad punt if we can pull it of is it?

What are most of feeling at the moment...in my case its Frustration?

My Caveat is Qualified frustration...Frustration
    nevertheless!

I am sure a lot of us can understand this.

So what does Frustration mean and how did some notable persons interpret frustration...see below..Maybe you can relate..since its been awfully quiet tonight.

FRUSTRATION (noun)

The noun FRUSTRATION has 3 senses:
    1. the feeling that accompanies an experience of being thwarted in attaining your goals
    2. an act of hindering someone's plans or efforts
    3. a feeling of annoyance at being hindered or criticized

Familiarity information: FRUSTRATION used as a noun is uncommon.

Hypernyms ("frustration" is a kind of...):
    disappointment; letdown (a feeling of dissatisfaction that results when your expectations are not realized

Quotes from the famous:

"I've come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy."

Tony Robbins

"Our fatigue is often caused not by work, but by worry, frustration and resentment."

Dale Carnegie

"A belief in hell and the knowledge that every ambition is doomed to frustration at the hands of a skeleton have never prevented the majority of human beings from behaving as though death were no more than an unfounded rumor."

Aldous Huxley

"Life is not an easy matter... You cannot live through it without falling into frustration and cynicism unless you have before you a great idea which raises you above personal misery, above weakness, above all kinds of perfidy and baseness."

Leon Trotsky

frustrate (frus′trāt′)
    transitive verb

frustrated -trat′ed, frustrating -trat′ing

1. to cause to have no effect; bring to nothing; counteract; nullify to frustrate plans
    2. to prevent from achieving an objective; foil; baffle; defeat to frustrate an opponent
    3. PSYCHOL. to prevent from gratifying certain impulses or desires, either conscious or unconscious

WIKEPEDIA Quote:

Frustration

Frustration a common emotional response to opposition. Related to anger and disappointment, it arises from the perceived resistance to the fulfillment of individual will. The greater the obstruction, and the greater the will, the more the frustration is likely to be. Causes of frustration may be internal or external. In people, internal frustration may arise from challenges in fulfilling personal goals and desires, instinctual drives and needs, or dealing with perceived deficiencies, such as a lack of confidence or fear of social situations. Conflict can also be an internal source of frustration; when one has competing goals that interfere with one another, it can create cognitive dissonance. External causes of frustration involve conditions outside an individual, such as a blocked road or a difficult task. While coping with frustration, some individuals may engage in passive-aggressive behavior, making it difficult to identify the original cause(s) of their frustration, as the responses are indirect. A more direct, and common response, is a propensity towards aggression.[1]

Causes

To the individual experiencing frustration, the emotion is usually attributed to external factors which are beyond their control. Although mild frustration due to internal factors (e.g. laziness, lack of effort) is often a positive force (inspiring motivation), it is more often than not a perceived uncontrolled problem that instigates more severe, and perhaps pathological, frustration. An individual suffering from pathological frustration will often feel powerless to change the situation they are in, leading to frustration and, if left uncontrolled, further anger.
    Frustration can be a result of blocking motivated behavior. An individual may react in several different ways. He may respond with rational problem-solving methods to overcome the barrier. Failing in this, he may become frustrated and behave irrationally. An example of blockage of motivational energy would be the case of the worker who wants time off to go fishing but is denied permission by his supervisor. Another example would be the executive who wants a promotion but finds he lacks certain qualifications. If, in these cases, an appeal to reason does not succeed in reducing the barrier or in developing some reasonable alternative approach, the frustrated individual may resort to less adaptive methods of trying to reach his goal. He may, for example, attack the barrier physically or verbally or both.

Symptoms

Frustration can be considered a problem-response behavior, and can have a number of effects, depending on the mental health of the individual. In positive cases, this frustration will build until a level that is too great for the individual to contend with, and thus produce action directed at solving the inherent problem. In negative cases, however, the individual may perceive the source of frustration to be outside of their control, and thus the frustration will continue to build, leading eventually to further problematic behavior (e.g. violent reaction).
    Stubborn refusal to respond to new conditions affecting the goal, such as removal or modification of the barrier, sometimes occurs. As pointed out by Brown, severe punishment may cause individuals to continue nonadaptive behavior blindly: Either it may have an effect opposite to that of reward and as such, discourage the repetition of the act, or, by functioning as a frustrating agent, it may lead to fixation and the other symptoms of frustration as well. It follows that punishment is a dangerous tool, since it often has effects which are entirely the opposite of those desired [2].

Examples

The worker who is refused time off to go fishing may "cuss out" his supervisor to his face or behind his back. If he is sufficiently aroused, he may strike out at him with his fists or with the nearest weapon. If the supervisor is not present or the worker's fear of the consequences of direct attack is stronger than his desire to attack, he may transfer his aggression to someone or something else. Taking his frustration out on his family or on some object like his car or his equipment are typical ways of transferring aggression. Another "solution" to frustration is regressive behavior becoming childish or reverting to earlier and more primitive ways of coping with the goal barrier. Throwing a temper tantrum, bursting into tears, or sulking are examples of regression. Wearing a long face and a worried look are other signs of this method of dealing with frustration.
    James Joyce's novel Dubliners depicts very accurately the dimensions of frustration and how it affects people. The adult characters in the book experience all stages of the emotion and the resulting "paralysis", the inability to actively change the situation. Joyce's characters are exemplary of how people usually deal with frustration

This is nothing unusual when you want to come out and play in the Sharemarket. I have seen this sort of pattern in most stocks I have reviewed on HC posts...

Its either Bots/Accumlators/Bottom Feeders/Good management/Bad management/No managent/No PR/Insiders/Manipulators/Muggers/Buggerers/Thieves/ASIC or anyone we can blame.....bottom line is we can only blame ourselves for our destiny...win/lose..good or bad.
    Invest wisely and be vigilant...esp you newbies out there. Keep a fire extinguisher ready in case of a burning backside.

Nothing is what it seems until the fat lady sings..or Johnny Cash singing the Ring on Fire.

PS:

There are not too many really good prospects left out there unless you want to really punt on micro caps in the 0.05-1 cent range..95% of these are likely to either scald you or well or truly burn you..you may be likely and make a big hit about 5% of the time....however you need to day trade 24/7

My advice is as always : Caveat Emptor...dont believe me believe yourself when you punt.
    Simply my thoughts tonight.

Cheers HR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.