IOH 0.00% 70.0¢ iron ore holdings limited

seems to be much emphasis on here on this constant "Foster's...

1. 8,527 Posts.
    seems to be much emphasis on here on this constant "Foster's latest report says" situation - which can be frustrating.

Who ARE Foster's in the scheme of things, i.e. can anyone tell me HOW Foster's fares in the way of their track record accuracy scores reputation in the markets generally re. their stock analysis and their "buy, sell, or hold predictions, across the boards, and their analysists' SP target estimations? Do they have any professionally based special interest with regard to IOH - have handled any capital raisings, etc. for them?

For example, we are told they retain a "BUY" recommendation on IOH, with a price target of $3.00, which sounds great, but as far as I can deduce they give NO indication of any anticipated time frames along with this conclusion.

Of course, no one has a crystal bal in these shakiest of times. Just asking. No reflection whatsoever from me in any way, shape, or form, on Foster's integrity. Just seems it's the the one (only) broker all the time giving opinion?

And SHOULD we be taking notice of ANY brokers? Or, is it all in the charts?

WHO has ever done an in depth analysis of what they think it is that Kerry Stokes has in mind in retaining his majority holding at any costs? IS he a miner - or just an investor?

Why aren't we - the long suffering holders - actually TOLD something more concrete by the company - within the legally requirements of ASX reporting? ALL too often, we are using our money on guesswork - not always the best way to proceed.

And NO mention of the Mining Tax. How, if at all, does, or will, this affect IOH? (And many other smaller or small miners/explorers, for that matter!)

Now speaking generally, not of IOH per se - guessing gets very tedious - and our invested monies seem to me being very much taken for granted, whatever the company - as long as the big boys at the top of some of these varied emerging mining companies are making heaps themselves. (Perth, for instance, mostly the hub of these various miner/explorers, enjoying real-estate prices spiralling through the roof, we are told!)

Should ASX and ASIC tighten up on the transparency laws, showing more regard to actual shareholders, more respect for their invested funds, and perhaps expanding the content of what we can and can't be told as various companies progress with their plans?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IOH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.