XJO 0.30% 8,099.9 s&p/asx 200

ftse, page-75

1. 2,473 Posts.
    virginiak

bad news from UK won't be required to send the FTSE down. it'll fall with general world markets.

I don't see any 'great bad news' being released, however, there are many issues, all of which have been reported on already, which indicate economic growth is slowing.

consider the following in relation to the usa economy:

- inflation is NOT under control
    - credit is NOT under control
    - interest rates are already high
    - oil is back on the rise

the only real way to get inflation under control, is to raise interest rates, however, the only real way to save the usa economy is to lower interest rates, but in doing that inflation will take off which will require rates to be raised again.

simply put - any decision that is now made will have negative ramifications for the economy in some way. Unfortunately that is the nature of being at the top of a boom, any decision that is made to control one element of the economy, means that other elements are left unchecked, and eventually things melt down.

i personally believe the credit issue is going to send all major world markets into a short term bear market until its all been washed out of the system, and then and only then can the bull return.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.