LNC 0.00% 99.5¢ linc energy ltd

fuel claims, page-3

1. 4,045 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    So..... Linc ran some print ads last year that claimed that CSIRO research showed that Lincs synthetic fuel is cleaner.

CSIRO expressed concerns that the ads suggested a relationship with Linc which isn't the case.

Lnc pulled the ads in June but stand by the claims.

Linc had based its figures on a 2001 CSIRO paper - which found emissions from Fisher-Tropsch diesel produces lower tailpipe emissions BUT much higher greenhouse gas emissions during production than conventionally produced diesel.

BUT as far as I know Linc captures those emissions and will store them underground and use them for pumping into depleted oil wells (EOR - Enhanced Oil Recovery) to rejuvinate them and therefore increase production from those wells. Which could be quite the little money earner in itself if they supply it to other companies, because, also as far as I know, there is a worldwide shortage of captured CO2.

Linc Energy - Fueling Our Future

The article also tries to put doubt on Linc's claim of $30/barrel production cost, but Bond says they've done a number of tests and the production cost always comes out at about $30/barrel, or 19c/litre.

Linc Energy web site

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.