I keep suggesting people do their own google research...

1. 3,741 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 101
    I keep suggesting people do their own google research objectively and some can, others can't. On Fukushima vs Three Mile Island there are many comparisons, and here's a recent one which is totally at odd with yours... http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/262689/another-three-mile-island-matthew-shaffer.

Comparing with Chernobly I'm afraid is ridiculous and does little for your credibility alpha141. Readers pls google the various analyses out there.

When I came across your "powers that be" get more worried, not a conspiracy type, me. Funnily enough, believe Japanese management across the involved entities very much care about their nuclear workers and people living in the vicinity and have been taking every precaution to protect them. Reckon they care just as much as you do. Also trust them not to lie to their people and the world about the severity of the radiation readings. Neither of us can convince the other on that today but be thinking of you when the dust settles and we dig for the real data that comes out of this.

Not sure if you have been to Japan alpha141 or know much about their culture, so perhaps you don't have the confidence I do in their handling and reporting of the disaster. Also not sure if you read my post above re George Monbiot's views, which I thought was fairly compelling from such a well recognised environmentalist.

Need to bear in mind what caused this crisis, the age of the reactor; how existing technology would have avoided; future designs (include thorium); safety record of coal, oil and uranium; environmental factors; world demand for base load energy generation - the whole gambit rather than your fears on the outcomes of Fukushima.

Increasingly it looks like there will not be any deaths other than possibly some workers from the plant (how many coal miners died in Pike River NZ a couple of months ago, in Pakistan this week, again google for the sorry long list over the years).

In fact in the past 25 years more people have died from wind energy than nuclear, again pls google. And pls don't think you care any more about the people in Japan than others, including the Japanese powers that be".

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.