fukushima nuke crisis - chernobyl on steroids, page-93

1. 18,150 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I know that no one questions the devastation of the tragedy in Japan, but to my mind the effect to the quality of life is what is important. I'd say the issues are broken out as 95% "quality of life" cost and 5% economic. Everything can be rebuilt and re-bought. Economically, they will make up and relocate those man-made resources lost. What they can't replace are the human aspects that were lost in the natural and man-made disasters.

The missing family and friends, lost loved ones gone, homes destroyed, gardens unplantable, beaches highly radioactive, fisheries contaminated, and those that will now go on permanent life-long medical treatment are the issues that matter most to us and can't be quantified with a price tag. Children that are left behind, some with lost or disabled parents, now get up-rooted and need to relocate. Food will become more expensive, and good quality produce will be harder to come by. The chances of long-term negative effects will double in odds. Chances for extended longevity has diminished considerably.

Quality of life is what matters the most to all of us. Quality of life over the long run is what is at risk for the people of northern Japan. It can not be brushed aside with death statistics.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.