PDN 1.09% $10.21 paladin energy ltd

I am just curious besides TsunamiTsunami that is always there,...

1. 42,670 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1024
    I am just curious besides TsunamiTsunami that is always there, not a Black Swan event anymore, what is the expectation that this sector will eventually come back into fashion? I have been seeing too many competing energy source all very cheap currently as well as technology based ones like home battery packs which I suspect will eventually make it to main stream like Solar panels. I just don't see Sovereign states embracing this form of energy source as a solution to their green energy consumption not to mention the damage to the atmosphere with fossil fuels. Trump's latest breaking news that he will scrap TPP deal is another blow world growth and increase energy consumption.

It has been speculated for years on the number of new reactors currently in the building and planning phase. Tiki Fullerton had a slot last night on U and mentioned that despite all the reasons why this sector should be making a comeback, the spot price is back to where it all started with a 1 handle. Today's Japan Tsunami alert will not be helping the sector and a constant reminder that any goodwill built up can be destroyed anytime. The surplus supply continues of yellowcake so this is just dead money betting on revival with even a casual fundamental read is not encouraging.

I am glad I stayed out post Fukushima and was never convinced after a bloody nose to return anytime soon. The SP is suffering death by a thousand cuts and only the most patient may have some opportunity to reap.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.21
Change
0.110(1.09%)
Mkt cap ! $3.019B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.15 $10.25 $10.09 $1.440M 141.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 271 $10.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.22 594 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.32am 22/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.