GTG 5.06% 7.5¢ genetic technologies limited

"full disclosure" article

1. 360 Posts.
    From Full Disclosure in The Age.

Come in, spinner

GENETIC Technologies has placed a decent-sized advertisement in a national newspaper in search of a new spin doctor.

The company, although not named in the ad, bills itself as a Melbourne-based, "high-profile Australian biotech" that has "achieved a strong position through a decade of successful research and patenting".

It wants a communications and media manager to handle the often cumbersome task of public relations, which can prove quite a challenge when the share price is falling and financial losses snowball year-on-year.

And going by comments from Genetic Technologies' investor relations officer Geoff Newing, keeping the company's name out of Full Disclosure could also be an important part of the job.

"I've got to say, I've not met you and I don't agree with the things that you write in your column," Newing said when we asked him to confirm that it was Genetic Technologies' advert. Not surprisingly, he declined that offer.

Anyhow, whoever ends up taking the job will be rewarded with an "excellent package", which basically means a big, fat salary.

Good to see a biotech with its eye on the bottom line.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/fulldisclosure/woodside-discovers-good-oil-on-minorities/2006/04/11/1144521333062.html?page=2

Pezz

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GTG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.5¢
Change
-0.004(5.06%)
Mkt cap ! $9.916M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.6¢ 8.1¢ 7.3¢ $18.25K 233.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 232 7.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.9¢ 8905 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.37pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GTG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.