As long as one can hear the rumble of the swell or smell salt in...

1. 28,496 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    As long as one can hear the rumble of the swell or smell salt in the air, I reckon it’s a great place to call home.

Like most people, I like the idea of a big flash pad with all the bells and whistles with sweeping views, a purpose vehicle for launching a purpose recreational vessel or two, a zippy little 4x4 for hitting the beach fishing spots or popping out for some bread & milk and a luxurious highway car or two.

I’ve had a couple of these things (never all together, unfortunately) and I reckon anyone who would deny that these superficial bits&bobs don’t make a person happy have rocks in their heads
    Perhaps happy is the wrong word?
    Anyway, luxuries are superficial in the true sense of the word but I believe that many people make the mistake of assuming their ideas of luxury are the same as everyone else’s.

I took my youngest to have a look at my dad’s house that I spent most of my preteens holidays at.
    The area had changed a fair bit from that time, 3 times the size today as it was back in my day and erosion has changed the views a bit but the Boofhead the Younger got a bit upset.

He was upset that his Da had sold his beach palace because he thought the place was the Duck’s Nuts

I’ll see if I can find a pic of the beach palace as it highlights how the idea of luxury is a personal reality.
    People who can take or leave the beach lifestyle may not understand the attraction and they can call Humbug on my thoughts but those who are beach bums will probably understand?

PS Your beach palace looks Grouse (FNQ high rolling is my take on your pad) and I reckon you could smell the envy of passers by when the wind is in the right direction?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.