GWR 0.00% 8.6¢ gwr group limited

full support&most important

1. 183 Posts.
    FYI, article in the West Australian below. IMO the share price will explode upwards in the new year - great investment at the current levels.

Drilling continues, targetting >100mt Indicated and >200mt Inferred iron resources as per ASX release in September 2008. If these targets are met in the year 2009 then the project will be the jewell of the midwest in regards to hematite direct shipping ore.

Well done to the board and management of GWR in keeping the faith whilst non-believers fall by the wayside. For every static sad seller there is a dynamic buyer. The rich just get richer and the rest are history.

Plenty of upside now!

Barnett confident $1.6b Oakagee fund will be next

12th December 2008, 16:15 WST

Premier Colin Barnett has thrown his full support behind Western Australia’s $1.6 billion Oakajee port development, calling it “the most important, single development in this State in the next 25 years.”

While the project missed out on a Federal financial commitment in today’s National Building package, which contributed $4.6 billion to various rail, road, education, research and business project around Australia, the Premier is adamant today’s snub was merely a small sidestep in the process.

Mr Barnett had nominated the Oakajee port as his second preferred investment for Federal funding, but it missed out behind the Ord River expansion project and a new entrance road to Mandurah.

But he said the Prime Minister had given strong support in response to questions about the Oakajee port earlier today.

“In fairness…that project is not quite ready to proceed. I hope in the early New Year we can get a stronger commitment to the project,” Mr Barnett said.

“(There was an) expression of strong support in Oakajee I take great heart and encouragement from.”

The Premier said he expected to have finalised a financial commitment from the Federal Government on Oakajee by February.

“The Prime Minister made some very encouraging comments about Oakajee and recognised that Oakajee is not only a very important project for Western Australia, it’s actually an important project for the nation,” he said.

“Oakajee is just not another project, its just not another final development, it is about building a deep sea port on the southern part of Western Australia’s coastline and building an industrial estate that in my view could be the most important single development in this state in the next 25 years. It is of national significance.”

“I would not have expected the Prime Minister to commit dollars to the Oakajee project at this stage.”

PERTH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GWR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $27.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.7¢ 8.7¢ 8.6¢ $18.20K 210.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 109612 8.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.9¢ 1800 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.45pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GWR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.