full time traders - trading for a living, page-12

1. 3,800 Posts.
    for me the crossover from punting to profitable trading was becoming systematic and mechnanical. Find something that works and stick to it... do it again and again and again. You get to realise that the steady profits are there afterall. The market is very perverse and often does the opposite to what you expect but if you look for patterns of repetition or trade a technical approach, you find that the mass crowd behaviour actually repeats itself again and again. system system system. know the profit/loss ratio and how much the average winner and loser will win or lose. traet it like a business and manage it.

so how do you find a system? its not actually that hard. read a few books, go to a few seminars and you eventually stumble onto something that fits your trading timeframe and risk aversity. Everyone is different. I have tried to teach my system to several others and whilst they recognise it actually works for some reason they cannot sustain the interest and fall back to working for a living.

ignoring the daily distractions of other stocks "whooshing" 50% where you dont have your money becomes easier when you get to realise the steady easy money is elsewhere...

acturtle

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.