FAR 2.15% 47.5¢ far limited

full video: Cath N. FAR Presentation - RIU Good Oil Conf Perth, page-147

1. Ya
    6,809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3829
    This has been discussed before & the terms & cost estimates already released by the Operator.

Fyi there r no royalties under the PSC signed by Hunt back in the day with the govt or the latest one for the ultra Deepwater block by Total. Only difference is the change in Senegalese Tax rates down to 30%.
    C/Rec is 75% with a sliding scale for Oil production (more production means more profit sharing with the State. Also fwiw's the Operator uses a post-tax discount rate just under 10% for Senegal, with 2% escalation in costs & a long term POO of USD70/bbl (down frm 80USD/bbl) escalated by 2% p.a. Their DCF applies to Reserve estimates. That article by the PhD student is referencing old costs. The operator has since reduced the Capex, so for a full field development case its down from USD7.4 bil to USD6.9bil.

Pls refer slide-10 from Cairn's Aug 2017 HY & slide 12 from Aug 2016 HY presentations & their recent AnnRep for the discount rates etc.

Gross capex for SNE with a leased FPSO scenario to first oil via 16 wells is USD2.3bil (net to Cairn is USD800mil).

JV still needs a Gas Sales Agreeement (GSA) with SenElec in due course to pipe 60 mmcfd gas onshore (either via a 10" or 22" dia pipeline IMHO & depending on gasflow profiles from the planned wells).

It's a pity that none of the Analysts in the HY conference call have asked James direct questions on the Actual field life (20 or 25 yrs) & assumptions on the hurdle rates (10 or sub-10%), projected production profile & cashflow projections per year for a 20 or 25 yr case. Two slides on the financial aspects would have added more clarity in my view. I don't expect FAR or WPL to lip-sync the PSC terms despite the generous 75% Cost recovery offered by the State!!

Have posted the actual link to the original Hunt JOA & PSC here.

As for Gambia, they use sliding scale royalty of 12.5% upto 100k bopd & 13% from 101k-200k bopd for their Petroleum (Exploration, Development & Production) License. See link in a recent post of mine.
    Anyways hope this helps. GLTA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
47.5¢
Change
0.010(2.15%)
Mkt cap ! $43.89M
Open High Low Value Volume
46.5¢ 48.0¢ 46.5¢ $13.86K 29.29K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10060 47.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
48.0¢ 9574 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.46pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.