AMP 1.87% $1.32 amp limited

Full year 2018 results, page-17

1. 11,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 705
    @Danger32
    It is adviser loans that appear to be the problem.
    The last six halves from 15 h1 to now are 4 bps, 4, 2, 3, 1, 11 . Also the impairments for half 2 are 12% of PBT for the bank. That is a big percentage. Also 97.5% of the loan book is residential mortgages, and 2.5% is finance loans to AMP advisers. The highest risk and securitised mortgages are mortgage insured. They mention practice finance loans in the AMP Bank commentary causing most of the increase year on year. So that is about $8m extra in impaired advisor loans this half (roughly) ot of $500m. I suspect this might blow out further as advisers will be under huge pressure as the Hayne issues start being enforced, and grandfathered commissions are clawed back and advisers clients don't bother returned the fee advice forms allowing fee payments.

It doesn't stand out in the accounts because AMP appears to have been over-provisioning in the past, which is good. We might see some bigger provisioning due to the advisor loans I suspect.

Tough time for the banking div with mortgage broker changes, housing issues and those adviser loans on the books.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.