CRN 0.21% $1.19 coronado global resources inc.

@craftcheeseI'm not sure how much this will impact Coronado but...

1. 1,043 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    @craftcheese

I'm not sure how much this will impact Coronado but I guess it doesn't do any harm to the coking coal sector - that's for sure.

None of the coking coal companies seem to have a problem selling coal to anyone around world. It's not as if they hold stock on the shelf because it doesn't sell sneaky.png

I've been going through a few announcements over the last year and found a statement very interesting.

In the September quarterly results I noticed a statement below.

"The revised guidance incorporates fourth quarter production estimates for the Group of between 5.3 – 5.5 Mt, subject to weather and any other unforeseen events."

Page 6 of https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20221031/pdf/45gzrb12bk28gg.pdf

This statement was made on 31 October when they already had 160mm of rain for the month of October. Either it was complete b******t or they didn't anticipate or allow for any further rain for Nov and Dec.

Anyway, I found this very strange. I haven't looked at anything to do with US operations.

52 consecutive days from 22 January until today for a total of 5mm during this period. That's is essentially no rain during this period.
    Blackwater forecast for next 10 days are blue skies, no rain.
    The first 3 weeks of January was not good in terms of rain (135mm in the first 3 weeks) however the temperature was in mid 30's so in addition to the necessary machinery to clear out water from the mine and the very hot weather, would have helped to dry the mine quickly to resume normal operations. I'm thinking. rolleyes.png

Dry weather + no operational breakdowns + high coal price = higher production, higher sales and lower costs. Fingers crossed for a great quarter.

I could go on more but then I would be draining you all with the same old same old.

I continue to be overweight in CRN even though I kept averaging down however there is only so much you can keep buying until you either don't have anymore to invest/trade or don't want to be MASSIVELY OVERWEIGHT.

We/I need to wait for a reversal of sentiment and coal back in the news (positive). Coking coal price doing extremely well over the last month so no complaints there. So too, AUD/US in favor of CRN.

Not sure how and why thermal coal miners share price are at such high levels given that thermal coal price has halved from its highs of 2022.

Last edited by borano: 15/03/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.19
Change
0.003(0.21%)
Mkt cap ! $2.015B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.20 $1.21 $1.18 $2.729M 2.286M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
44 68862 $1.19

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.20 44629 43
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.28pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.