WDS 0.17% $27.22 woodside energy group ltd

Fully Informed on WDS

1. 689 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 830

Despite the ups and downs of the markets and the ups and downs of the price of Brent....and the carry on here on this thread by some.....WDS has finished the week down not much more than the dividend which went ex this week.

A pretty solid performance I reckon.

One of the things I like about holding WDS is that I don’t feel at the same disadvantage as I do with other holdings as far as how informed I am compared to the market.

With some stocks I’ve lost on over the years - in hindsight there were certainly shareholders trading with a lot more information than I had.

At the moment, I feel like all the information you need to inform your investment in WDS is there for all to see. They’ve just released half year results so we’re all up to date with how the actual company is travelling (pretty damn well) The rest is all about macro factors. Our guess is as good as anyone’s about what will happen with China, inflation, interest rates, Putin etc

Another reason I will continue to hold WDS is that it has been a great hedge in 2022 and I think will continue to be. I really don’t trust the broader market these next two or three months - it’s still fundamentally a bear market. Banks, retail, tech .....could easily lose 10% or 15% in a hurry.....like they did earlier in the year when WDS strongly outperformed as a hedge stock. The WDS ‘hedge’ gives me a lot of comfort.

Brent has pushed back up to US$92 overnight - the tight worldwide supply of oil continues to counter fears of global recessions and ongoing China lockdowns. The world still needs tens of millions of barrels of oil every day even in a deep recession so supply really is relevant.

At $32.52 (and likely to push higher Monday) with another big dividend just pocketed I’m more than happy with my still overweight position in WDS.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.22
Change
0.045(0.17%)
Mkt cap ! $51.89B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.16 $27.43 $27.08 $67.60M 2.452M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 4018 $27.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.22 9457 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.32pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$27.26
  Change
0.045 ( 0.39 %)
Open High Low Volume
$27.15 $27.43 $27.09 844375
Last updated 14.51pm 03/05/2024 ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.