CUV 0.19% $15.41 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

Clinuvel recently posted an article on tanning, which mentioned...

1. 648 Posts.
    Clinuvel recently posted an article on tanning, which mentioned how attitudes about tanning have changed, but I have little additional fun fact to share with you while you take another swig from your flask around the campfire....

Listen up as Uncle Fritz will tell you a story while the cuv share price continues to put us all to sleep...

Western society's attitude about tan skin has done an about face on tanning in the past century. Back in the olden days (I was just a pup then), if you were tan, it was not looked upon well. A tan placed you in the lower socioeconomic strata of society. It meant that you worked in the fields.

On the flip side, if you were pale, you presumably had the life of luxury - no outside toiling for you (the article did make reference to this, and it is true).

But here's an additional fun fact for you little cowboys and cowgirls...

That is where the term "Bluebloods" came from. The aristocrats were wealthy and did not toil the fields....so, they were very pale and their skin was transluscent (the "blue" veins showed through the pale skin). Because of the "blue veins" showing, folks referred to them as "bluebloods."

So there you have the short story my little gremlins. Now, get some sleep because early tomorrow morning, we have some rustling to do. Chores first, drinking second.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$15.41
Change
-0.030(0.19%)
Mkt cap ! $773.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.62 $15.63 $15.38 $109.5K 7.068K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 20 $15.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.44 252 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.33am 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CUV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.