Hi @PlagueThought I would introduce you to the lounge...

1. 2,833 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1140
    Hi @Plague

Thought I would introduce you to the lounge conversation on Fund Managers. I like to think it is a place where there are no agendas and you can have a normal conversation about the good, bad and ugly on Fund Management.

The Magellan board is an interesting mixture of fan boys, some serious posters, a collection of investors who believe they can change the price of the shares by posting positively and people who are grumpy with me because I told them to sell at $60. Rational business performance posts get in the way of their reality. Realistically it isn’t their fault, they have paid upwards of $60 per share and haven’t bothered to sell or get out of the stock. Half of their money gone is a big deal and they don’t like to be wrong (even though markets have a habit of teaching us the same lesson until we learn it).

Anyhow, I think the posts you are posting on the Magellan board shows really good critical thinking and in a normal conversation people would point out discrepancies (if any), learning and improving understanding together.

Feel free to post some of your thoughts here to challenge thinking if you are unsure of anything, always keen for a chat.

Best of Luck
    Lost
    Last edited by lost: Updates 13/12/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.