SYA 2.86% 3.4¢ sayona mining limited

Taking the piss out of Australia... should we just re-submit the...

1. 1,492 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 126

Taking the piss out of Australia... should we just re-submit the application for less than 2000 tonnes again and see if it works?

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2019/02/20/projet-authier-de-mine-au-lithium-une-etude-du-bape-exigee

Opposition parties in the National Assembly and several civil society groups joined forces on Wednesday to demand a study by the BAPE on the Authier project. lithium mine, in Abitibi-Témiscamingue.

The legitimacy of the project is disputed by several groups because the mine is close to the esker of Saint-Mathieu-Berry, whose drinking water quality is recognized.

According to Rodrigue Turgeon, spokesman of the Citizen's Committee for the Protection of the Esker Saint-Mathieu-Berry, the project exceeds the threshold of 2,000 tonnes of ore extracted each day, which should de facto subject to the procedure of evaluation of the BAPE.

"We do not understand why the minister is slow to seize the file. This is information he has in his possession for several months, "said Mr. Turgeon, during a press briefing in the National Assembly on Wednesday.

For her part, Emilise Lessard-Therrien, Québec Member of Parliament for Solidarity in Rouyn-Noranda, deplored the attitude of the Australian mining company Sayona in the matter.

"We are proud people and we will not let a tree go by a multinational that makes up its numbers to escape the BAPE. I do not know how it works in Australia, but here in Quebec, social acceptability, it does not come as an option, it is an obligation, "she said, at the same point of press.

The minister defends himself

Questioned in the House by the Liberal Party and Quebec Solidaire, the Minister of the Environment, Benoit Charrette, did not exclude the involvement of the BAPE, but without promising anything.

If he admits he has the power to request that a study be conducted by the public body, the minister said he would prefer to wait for his officials to do the work.

"We will respect the evaluation procedure [of the Ministry of Environment] which normally should encourage everyone to join this chamber".

The minister said he has until the end of March to decide on the issue.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.4¢
Change
-0.001(2.86%)
Mkt cap ! $349.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.5¢ 3.6¢ 3.4¢ $1.190M 34.12M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
60 12836986 3.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 2436426 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.