MSB 1.02% 99.0¢ mesoblast limited

G Gee madamswer Top effort tonight! You've got fire in the...

1. 30,285 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1824
    G
    Gee madamswer

Top effort tonight! You've got fire in the belly!

Let's take a selection, because as usual you've been exhaustive attempting to discredit and appear impressive.

"An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis, promises safety of principal and an adequate return. Operations not meeting these requirements are speculative."

But the inverse is not true! That a safety of principal and an adequate return, will result from the promise in the  analysis.

Risk v Reward!

There's plenty of it out there and risk can be experienced with even previously blue chip stocks which is why there is a disclaimer:

current and previous returns are not an indicator of future returns, (or words to that effect).

This is why so many so called analysts get caught with the proverbial pants around ankles when the tide goes out. We can see who has been sagacious, and who has been blind to risk and who's been a pretender.

We can see who has good macro analysis, not just bean counting micro analysis and who is over confident.

Now look at the last GFC. How many analysts said that certain stocks were top buys ...then they hit the skids in a big way?

What is your big point?

Even blue chips like WOW or CBA are far from risk free.

You can't claim otherwise.

What I'd really like in here is a risk v reward analysis, but it never happens because talking about the upside of MSB is anathema.

Rather, it's about banging on about MSB not having a revenue stream and variations on the theme.

Compared with what? Your comparisons are never appropriate. WOW is one of your favourites, but it's being squeezed by Aldi!

Future dividends are under threat.  Why would you pay a premium for that?

Many stocks are toppy right now, but MSB is far from that. There is very little appetite in the market for an emerging blue chip, because people want to see a revenue stream NOW....but it's not a guarantee of the future, see?

you need to look at the sector, you need to look at the technology, and the reliability of the science. This is something you were very reluctant to do for a long time,you took so long to even look at the MSB website.

"But as long as intrinsic value keeps rising, that's all that matters to me."

Nobody could argue with that as a general principle, but it's not exclusively yours nor is it in any way reliable as a fait accompli. You think this will just rub off on your credibility? Nor does it always have to happen that way. In fact, being a contra investor, investing in stocks the market doesn't like or undervalues is very beneficial. Actually I think you're more familiar with this as a principle than you're letting on.

The point is, a good investor can withstand the pressure if the SP doesn't rise, and the market is punishing the stock for no good reason except sentiment that doesn't like stocks that don't yet have revenue from sales?

Because if you sell due to just the SP being under pressure, you're missing potential opportunity, and you need to be aware of risk v reward there.

"It is clear to me that you think very much in terms of the share price.
    I don't: I think in terms of the business."

Again, you misrepresent me. It's a talent you have, apart from writing tedious dissertations.

No it's the traders who usually continually banging on about the SP but have gone quiet recently.  It's a lazy way of doing a tree shake, and now they're apparently standing back and watching you and petepan do the heavy lifting.

I'd really like to talk about "the business" which MSB will become actually, and the wider market and the upside but you only want to focus on the risks real and imagined, and telling people what stocks they could hold which they'd supposedly do much better than holding MSB. Like WOW, and CBA and the others...

No need to parade your supposed market knowledge of irrelevant stocks to MSB. Where are your comparisons?

Why do you keep doing that? Established blue chips you must pay a massive premium for. Price/Earnings ratios are at all all time high in some sectors. But if you get into an emerging blue chip early, you get to hold much more stock for when the upside is there and the stock is earning income.

This means far greater reward. My stepmother got BHP when it was on a down side for the commodity cycle. She has enough in to finance her retirement from that one stock. But she bought it at the right time. If she relied on just the business, as it then was she would have missed the upside.

If you want to talk about the future business prospects of MSB, just do it. But that means talking about the upside too.

Where is this discussion on that? You seem to want to sufforcate it.

It's great that I'm providing you with such entertainment, but really isn't it better to not make personal attacks, just discuss MSB and why it's fundamentally an emerging blue chip? You keep trying to limit the comparisons to established blue chips (which aren't even biotechs)... Why?

So many unanswered questions, and your posts always raise more of them, rather than providing many credible answers.

(sorry I haven't addressed ALL your tedious points, as usual it's a hail of misrepresentations, lack of context especially for the sector and MSB in particular, and irrelevancies, but I do my best!)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.0¢
Change
0.010(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $1.130B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.02 98.5¢ $5.507M 5.501M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9996 99.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.5¢ 18069 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.