FDR 2.00% 4.9¢ finder energy holdings limited

Hi NZT, The brokers would have used the then upcoming Kanga spud...

1. 4,264 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2148

Hi NZT, The brokers would have used the then upcoming Kanga spud to sell the IPO. The resultant share price after Kanga failure was no surprise as a lot of gamblers were looking to get out. Provided nice opportunity to get a position built at a fair market cap valuation. My average is 9.5c which I’d say would be impossible to build a decent/sizeable position at that price now.

Regarding catalysts, there are farmouts (drill funders) in existing projects and JV partnerships/acquisitions/tender in new licenses. Note: don’t confuse drill funding farmouts with small farms we use for acquiring capital - these are how the company stays cashflow positive and why it has been around for a couple decades already.

Below is from latest quarterly

“New Ventures. The global energy transition is creating unprecedented opportunities in both oil and gas (due to a global energy shortage) as well as decarbonisation projects, such as Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS). Finder’s experience, subsurface knowledge and extensive geodata libraries mean that we are well positioned to pursue opportunities in both these spaces.During the quarter, Finder progressed several new opportunities to add to the portfolio. We are focussed on opportunities consistent with our strategy to utilise our subsurface capabilities and data libraries to access low entry cost opportunities with high value creation potential. These opportunities include both offshore oil and gas exploration and CCS opportunities. Finder has also formed several key partnerships with other industry groups to pursue these opportunities, bring together capabilities and provide access to existing infrastructure. Whilst Finder is unlikely to be successful in capturing all of these opportunities, we are confident of closing a number of these deals in 2023 and we look forward to announcing the details of these projects as we land them.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FDR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.