SAE 3.45% 14.0¢ salinas energy limited

FWIW I was contemplating the final question that I sent to SAE...

1. 3,585 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2530
    FWIW I was contemplating the final question that I sent to SAE and John Begg's response....as follows:

5. Is the steam injection facility already in place and ready at the central pad? Is it capable of, and is it intended, to use the steam facility at say McCool Ranch in due course?

We have steam facilities almost ready capable of cyclic steam (of individual wells) but not yet enough to carry out a steam flood ( of the whole oil reservoir)

At Mccool we are currently not planning to develop that field with steam. Rather we expect to produce the wells at high water cuts as cheaply as we can.

What interests me is that JB stated that the facilities to provide cyclic steam are "almost ready capable of cyclic steam (of individual wells)". I assume that means that once it is ready, they will commence experimenting with individual wells as a trial. I expect it could lead to increased production from those wells selected. From past announcements I seem to recall that the decline has been around 300bbls from peak production at some wells. So maybe we could get some pick up of say 200+bblsd from trialling cyclic steam in the not too distant future. Something to ponder.

regards
    DF

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.