MYX 2.56% $3.81 mayne pharma group limited

The drop in shorts from 182m to 164m seems like an error in the...

1. 719 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 38
    The drop in shorts from 182m to 164m seems like an error in the data so I won't be surprised to see it jump back up today. Reason I think it is a mistake is that there is a net short difference of 18m but volume appeared to only be 11m - so it doesn't make sense.

In other  news :

Generic and specialty drugmakers are among companies falling the most in today's health-care sector after earnings at Novartis' Sandoz unit were worse than expected on generic drug pricing pressures. The European drug-maker reported Sandoz sales that declined 5%, citing increased pricing pressures in the U.S., which posted a 15% drop on a constant currency basis.
    • MNK -2.8%, ENDP -2.4%, PRGO -2%, MYL -1.9%, TARO -0.9%; TEVA -0.4%
    • "The magnitude of U.S. weakness for Sandoz was surprising", RBC analyst Randall Stanicky wrote in earlier client note; cautious commentary around dermatology generics add to concerns first raised by Sun Pharma's Taro unit in May for Perrigo, which is most exposed.
    • "U.S. generic market remains challenging as pricing remains in flux, and as such, investors should maintain caution in the generics space, Wells Fargo's David Maris wrote; pricing may worsen this year "as several large books of business in the U.S. are currently being renegotiated"
    • Meanwhile, Goldman Sachs was a bit more sanguine in a note dated yesterday where analyst Jami Rubin said large-cap generics were trading at "steep discounts;" she predicts an inevitable but not imminent inflection for the sector, recommends remaining on sidelines though as timing will be hard to pin down; 2Q may show "continued weakness as deflation remains elevated".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.81
Change
-0.100(2.56%)
Mkt cap ! $324.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.96 $4.01 $3.78 $706.7K 182.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2573 $3.80

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.83 90 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MYX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.