MYX 1.59% $4.48 mayne pharma group limited

One other reason could be they just got $880m in cold Aussie...

1. 550 Posts.
    One other reason could be they just got $880m in cold Aussie cash

I haven't look into much details of the Teva portfolio Mayne just bought, so for all I know they could just strike gold with these latest purchases. So that's possible.

But on a superficial, basic price to revenue; price to potentials; tangibles versus 99% intangibles... I've seen a far more superior purchase made by Hikma with Roxanne than this one.

I mean, Roxanne's portfolio was purchased for what works out to be some $US2.1B. For that they get a portfolio of some 80 generic products with sales for FY17 of some $US700 to $US750m; with a pipeline of some 89 products with market potential of $41B. Compare that to Teva's $US235m revenue with some 9 pipeline products with market potential of, from memory, $1B.

For their price, Hikma also get to keep the R&D team, the labs and the buildings.. .and they also got the original parent company into Hikma, having paid the equivalent of some 960 million pounds in Hikma stock to the parent company. That to me is more sensible as it ensure no hit and run.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.