MYX 1.51% $4.71 mayne pharma group limited

The thing that amazes me about this conversation is that no...

1. 709 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 95
    The thing that amazes me about this conversation is that no matter what side of the argument you're on - you're not arguing that MYX is overvalued. Pretty much everyone here feels that the company itself is undervalued - some feel we haven't hit bottom, others feel we're near the turn-around point, but no matter how you cut it, MYX is underpriced. The only argument is by how much.

The Australian market easily herds because we have a whole bunch of superannuation funds with a whole bunch of money relying on advice from a handful of analysts. That means when a company becomes hyped, it becomes super hyped, and when it becomes unloved, it becomes super unloved.

Last year MYX clearly became overhyped and a bunch of people felt like they got their fingers burnt when the tide turned - then they fell out of love and the share price dropped. The shorters have been coming on board, exacerbating that. As a value investor this is where I'm suppose to get rich - finding mispriced companies and buy/sell.

In that world view, the most important ratio when comparing two companies, all other things being equal, is the PEG Ratio - in short the PEG is Price: Earnings over Growth - a PEG of 1.0 would represent "fairly valued growth" and in the case of MYX, controlling for the Teva acquisition our PEG is bouncing around 0.5 - meaning this company is a bargain. This PEG gives me a target price of about $1.65. I might profit take before that point, but that's basically my plan.

I'm super relaxed because I have a five year time horizon and zero leverage - I'm not worried about margin calls because I don't trade on margin. I remain desperate to buy more and more and more of MYX, because once the hype-train comes back, we're going to see the SP go up dramatically.

As usual, make your own choices, speak to your pro, DYOR and GLTA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.71
Change
0.070(1.51%)
Mkt cap ! $400.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.67 $4.75 $4.62 $953.1K 203.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1236 $4.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.72 620 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MYX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.