NST 4.29% $13.86 northern star resources ltd

Fundamentals haven't changed, page-345

1. 12,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3833
    I was thinking of putting a very low bid into the auction and see how it plays out.

Also depends what you think is the trend in the gold price. I'm not a chart guy but over the years I've noticed that a price level around $1256 sometimes offers strong support or resistance. We are currently just through that level.

From a catalyst point of view the Comney testimony to the committee of Congres helped deflate the last attempt to breakthrough $1300. This is because Comney testified that although the Trump campaign was under investigation the President himself was not, at the time of his sacking. He did qualify this testimony by effectively saying that any investigation that involved the campaign could eventually lead to the top.

It looks like the current investigation might have Trump in its sights so more potential for problems for Trump. He does have the power to sack the head of the investigation again but that can't look good politically. So the Russia election scandal has not gone away and is bubbling below the surface. If it gets ugly again and starts to shock markets, gold could be a beneficiary and get another bump up.

From a trading perspective, last year after the company fell from its all time highs I set a level at which it might be a good idea to either be a buyer or seller of the stock. That level being $4.40, that is sell when price substantially breaks above $4.40 and buy when it falls below. I think given the still relatively strong balance sheet I could lift that level higher now. $4.60 seems safe to me (with proviso that mine performance doesn't decline significantly). Given I'm still a gold bull and think the gold trend remains up from Dec 2015 I wouldn't be too scared to pick up some NST in the $4.6o to $4.80 for a quick short term trade based on the assumption ~$1256 will hold as support. I'll make my mind up nearer to the close of trade. If the stock bounces up in the auction and I miss out no big deal as I'm still a happy holder. If I get the stock and the bottom falls out, it doesn't worry me to put the shares in the bottom draw.

Also I'm hoping BB gets into a dividend "generosity war" with AB. Now that would make me really happy.

Good luck with whichever way you might care to play the rebalance.

Waiting for the rebalance to be over and the gold price to set its direction off the ~$1256 level would seem the more sensible approach though. Eshmun

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.86
Change
0.570(4.29%)
Mkt cap ! $15.92B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.71 $13.91 $13.63 $79.37M 5.751M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 35544 $13.85

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.86 28982 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.